We took our first trip to the beach with Charlotte back in May when she was 6 months old. There are sooo many things you have to bring with you, so I thought I’d break down the most useful products we brought!
- Summer Infant Pop N’ Jump Portable Activity Center – Hands down the best thing we brought! It’s so light weight and it folds up easily. We used this at the beach and in the condo, and she loved it!
- Baby Beach Tent – great for napping on the beach. The bottom can also be filled with water so you have a shaded baby pool!
- Rechargeable Fan – We use this fan ALL THE TIME. I loved having it to put in the beach tent with her so she wasn’t too hot while napping. It also easily attaches to the stroller. It’s just great to have during these hot summer months!
- Float – Love this float. It comes with a few toys, and the cute lobster rattles. I especially like that it has a sun shade.
- UPF 50+ Sun Hat – Gotta have a sun hat! As you can probably tell, I’m just a little obsessed with sun safety for Charlotte. This one ties under the chin, and the head size is adjustable. So far she keeps it on with no problem!
- Safe Sunscreen – I did a lot of research to find a good sunscreen for Charlotte. Thinkbaby is free of biologically harmful chemicals, it’s water resistant for 80 minutes, it’s easy to apply and quickly absorbs, AND it is top rated by the Environmental Working Group.
- Swim Diapers – Regular diapers will just soak up all of the water, and will leave your baby with a super saggy diaper.
- Babiators – Sun protection includes eye protection! So far Charlotte will leave these on. We’ll see if that changes as she gets older. 😉
- Rashguard Swimsuit – Keeping with the “sun safety” theme, I feel better having Charlotte in a rashguard to keep her covered.
- Baby Beach Wrap – You could just use a regular beach towel, but I really liked having one of these for a few reasons: takes up less room in the beach bag, easy to wrap her in without a ton of excess towel for me to trip on ;), and it has a hood to keep her warm after getting out of the water.
- Baby Powder – helps get all of the sand off!
Here are a few pictures of Charlotte enjoying some of these products 🙂
My bathing suit is linked here
I hope you find this post to be helpful in planning what to bring for your baby on your next beach vacation!